- Competition will be held for four categories:
- Group 1 (Age group: 6 and below)
- Group 2 (Age group: 7 – 12 years)
- Group 3 (Age group: 13 – 19 years)
- Group 4 (Age group: 20 and above)
- Competition for all categories will be held on the same day, January 10, 2021.
- Competition will be judged by more than one judge for all the above categories.
- Group 1: 1st prize – $40 ; 2nd prize – $20; 3rd prize – $10;
- Group 2: 1st prize – $50 ; 2nd prize – $25; 3rd prize – $15;
- Group 3: 1st prize – $80 ; 2nd prize – $40; 3rd prize – $20;
- Group 4: 1st prize – $100 ; 2nd prize – $50; 3rd prize – $25;
- Study guide:
- Judges, moderators and participants in this competition are exempt from the participant limitation of Puthaandu Vizha programs.
- The competition stages will be held based on the below rules.
- The participants will have to memorize all the given Thirukkurals, meaning of the Thirukkurals and the Adhikarams of the Thirukkurals. All questions will only be on the Thirukkurals given in the list.
- The rules are common for all the level competitions (except the Thirukkural list).
- Both the preliminary and final stages consists of three rounds:
- First round: The starting word for the Thirukkural will be given by the moderator. The participants have to say the full Thirukkural.
- Second round: A Thirukkural will be read by the moderator. The participants should tell the meaning of the Thirukkural in TAMIL. (Participants should tell the meaning only in Tamil. English worlds should not be mixed).
- Third round: A meaning of a Thirukkural will be read by the moderator. The participants have to tell the right Thirukkural associated with the meaning.
Tie breaker round: If two or more kids go into a tie in the first three rounds, a fourth round of questions will be asked to select the winner. In the Tie breaker round, the Judges may ask the Adhikarams of the Thirukkurals, and any questions based on rounds 1-3.
The Judge’s decision will be the final decision. They can determine the winner of the competition by any number of criteria inluding the Tamil vocabulary, Pronunciation, Understanding of the Thirukkural, fluency in Tamil…
If you are interested in Sponsoring for this event, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org