Guidelines and Rules
• The rules are common for all the groups.
• The participants have to speak on a topic related to Tamil literature or culture.
• The content should be a non-political and non-religious one.
Length of the Speech for each group:
Group 1 : 1.5 to 3 min
Group 2 : 3 to 5 min
Group 3 : 4 to 7 min
Tie breaker : In case of tie, the judges will decide on a tie breaking rule at that time.
The decision of the judges is the final one.
The following are used as evaluation factors
- Pronunciation & Fluency
- Confidence & Body language
- Understanding of & Relevancy to the topic
- Speaking without prompting & avoidance of English words (English words are OK if it is used for rhyming or referencing purpose)
- Structure, Modulation & Duration of the presentation
- Usage of quotes /humor /poems /proverbs
- Participants who don’t use cue cards will be given bonus points
- Standard AV check will be done for each participants
- To ensure smooth audience connect, it is suggested that a family number seated in front of the participant
- Prompting is not allowed from anyone other than the judges.