- Saturday | May 5, 2018 to Wednesday | November 13, 2019
- 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Folsom High School, 1655 Iron Point Road, Folsom CA 95630
- 4Staff members
- Each performance must have a minimum of 8 participants (except for category Dance – Classical which is minimum 6 participants) and maximum of 20 (except for International Tamil Academy, and Chinmaya Mission BalaVihar). Allotted slot times remain the same for all performances, irrespective of the number of participants.
- Adults, and Children (15 years and above), can participate in only one performance.
- Children below 14 years of age, can participate in a maximum of two performances, only if one of the performances demonstrates an emphasis on Tamil literature, drama, personalities, or culture. The second performance should be in the 6-minute category. In such an event, approval from STM is required.
- A person can coordinate/choreograph one program and participate in another, either in the same or different category.
- The MC (Master of Ceremony) is NOT considered as participating in a performance.
Time and Slot Allotments:
|No:||Category||Time Limit||Slot Limit|
|1||Drama/Skit – General||15 minutes||2|
|2||Drama/Skit – Tamil Folk/Literature||15 minutes||2|
|3||Dance – Classical||8 minutes||*|
|4||Dance – Tamil Folk/Literature||8 minutes||*|
|5||Dance – Movie||6 minutes||*|
(Adults cannot participate in this program except as a Judge. All the “Participation Guidelines” apply to this category.)
|7||Short Film (The performers in the Short Film are considered as participants in one program. They must be from the Greater Sacramento Area. All the “Participation Guidelines” apply to this category. The Producer and Director of the Short Film are responsible for any copyright infringement. STM assumes no responsibility for any copyright violations.)||15 minutes||2|
|8||Song – Classical/Folk/Tamil Literature||6 minutes||*|
|9||Song – Medley||10 minutes||*|
- All categories have a limited number of slots.
- If STM receives extra entries, the selection will be based on a lottery. The coordinator for above listed events will get the approval after the submission deadline.
- Rehearsal will be only for Dance and Drama based on coordinator’s preference.
Other General Guidelines:
- You cannot reserve more than 4 (four) songs for a program. To avoid repetition of songs, earliest entries will be given preference (first come first serve). Swapping may be considered.
- Ensure to provide the complete song list for your program while you register for the program. Changes to songs will be allowed after registration provided the song is not reserved for any other program.
- All performances must be viewable by children. Scenes depicting use of alcohol, smoking, violence, etc., are not allowed.
- Direct or indirect reference or depiction of political leaders dead or alive is not permissible.
- Please avoid religious songs or religious content in your program as STM is a non-religious entity.
- All the performances must be in Tamil language. Please refrain from including other language content in any performance.
- If the team is unable to participate on the allotted time slot during the event, the program may be shifted to the end of the event.
- The STM Board reserves the right to select entries. Selection will be made using the above listed guidelines.
- Event Date: May 05, 2018
- Rehearsal Date: April 21, 2018
- Registration Open: January 13, 2018
- Registration Deadline: February 4, 2018
STM Event Contacts:
- Event Chair-person: Balakrishnan Radhakrishnan, Phone: (916) 759-6940
- Event Co-chair person: Rajkumar Balagurunathan, Phone: (925) 305-3742
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Folsom High School, 1655 Iron Point Road, Folsom CA 95630
Location : Folsom High School Theater
Contact : STM Board Members and Trustees